2023年2月17日 星期五

Quote from the YouTube comment: The interpreter did a bad job. Here’s what Johnny (Johnnie) To ACTUALLY said:

1. “I think films around the world today are worse than before. Apparently the film world I used to know is vanishing bit by bit. It’s not the film world I used to know. I hope this is just a temporary phenomenon. Perhaps I’m a bit bold with my words, but they come from my heart.” 2. “I think films are always in the forefront. When there is authoritarianism, when people lose their freedom, films usually bear the brunt. That’s what happens in many places. Culture will be put an end to. Films directly speak to the audience. Dictators therefore usually target films. I think Hong Kong, no, sorry, I think countries and people around the world fighting for freedom should support films cos they speak for you.” 3. “Films are not to be evaluated in terms of money. I’d made several films that cost less than HK$2 million. I was happy and at ease making those films. I think what’s most important in filmmaking is passion and vision, without which no artist can do what they should do, even if they were given $10 billion.”

  😕  # HK

沒有留言:

張貼留言